All products for sale must be accepted the Jury Committee prior to selling at any of the markets managed and operated by Salem Saturday Market. Products falling into this category must be of high quality and exclusively handmade by the person selling them.
While Artists/Crafters may utilize some commercially available products in their final work, the commercial aspects must be secondary and obscured by the overall hand-worked value of the piece. Products must be of original design and execution solely by the artisan/crafter. In addition, products must highlight the skill, craftsmanship, time and ability of the artisan. It must be about the artisan’s original design versus components. No items which are simply constructed of two or more commercially available parts and offered as a completed piece will be allowed. No items produced from kits are allowed.
Following submission of your application and payment of your application fee, proceed with the following steps.
1. Provide minimum of 3-5 close-up photos of the main product(s) you would like juried. -- Provide an additional group photo that includes all of the products you would like to sell. -- A photo of your work space is required to help the committee ensure that products are handmade/handcrafted by the applicant.
These photos will be used to review the product’s detail, quality and artisan’s workmanship so it is critical that the photos be good.
2. Create a Vendor Statement by answering the following questions. You are encouraged to explain in detail. Each answer is important to the jury committee and do not assume they are experts in your field.
a) Tell us a bit about why you chose to create your particular product(s). b) Describe process(es) and some of the tools used to create your product. c) Where do you get the raw materials to create your product? d) What makes your craft unique? e) How do you envision your market display?
3. Submit photos and Vendor Statement to ACJury@salemsaturdaymarket.com. IMPORTANT - Please send photos as attachments versus in the body of the email.
4. Judging criteria include the following 5 areas: Overall Quality, Skill, Vendor Statement & Photos, and Market Enhancement. Products will be given a score of 1-5 for each criteria area.
5. The minimum product points needed for approval will be based on 70% of the number of Jury Committee members voting.
6. The Arts & Crafts Jury Committee will receive all information provided with a 1 week deadline to complete the judging of your products.
7. The Jury Committee will share results with the Executive Director who will notify prospective vendors within 1 week via email regarding product approval/denial.
Salem Saturday Market firstname.lastname@example.org / 503-585-8264 / Mail: PO Box 13691, Salem, OR 97309 / Office: 1320 Waller St SE, Salem, OR