All products for sale must be accepted the Jury Committee prior to selling at any of the markets managed and operated by Salem Saturday Market.
The Prepared Food Advisory Team (PFAT) Jury Committee review returning vendors with new products or new applicants to our markets with products that include: hot prepared foods, processed or packaged foods, dairy, bakery, confectionary, beverages or any edible products. All business conducted by this committee will take place primarily at the market house.
2. Hot food vendors: Please submit a sample menu with an emphasis on the locally sourced ingredients to: email@example.com. All items must be handcrafted with the exception of retail beverages approved by the Executive Director. No prepared store bought items are allowed (i.e. corn dogs, pot stickers, egg rolls, etc).
3. Applicants should be prepared to answer specific questions about the following: Ingredients (source, etc) Method or process of preparation Food Safety considerations How do you envision your market display.
4. All food vendors will be required to bring a taste sampling to the market office for the jury to sample and judge products. For hot prepared food, please provide two or more of your menu items. For prepared food, please submit samples that are representative of your overall product line.
5. Judging criteria for edible products include the following 5 areas: Overall Quality, Presentation, Skill and Enhancement to the Market. Products will be given a score of 1-5 for each criteria area. 6. The minimum product points needed for approval will be based on 70% of the number of Jury Committee members voting.
7. The PFAT Jury Committee will vote and submit results to the Executive Director who will notify prospective vendors within 1 week via email regarding approval/denial.
8. Prospective vendors are encouraged to work on obtaining all required insurance and licensing documents. Those documents should be uploaded those to the Manage My Market vendor profile under the licensing tab.
NOTE: Following approval, hot food vendors will be considered for market placement based on status of product quota, space availability, existing food diversity at the market. Menu adaptation may be required.